MONEY SAVVY KIDS
THE BEST WAYS TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT MONEY FOR A STRONG FIN
In Money Savvy Kids, trusted personal financial expert Gordon Pape teams up with Deborah Kerbel to provide parents with everything they need to know to raise money-savvy kids. This practical book includes advice and tips on
• how to be a great role model when it comes to money
• when to introduce money concepts (and it’s never too late to start!)
• how to make it fun, including activities, games, websites, and money apps
• when to start an allowance and how much to give
• money basics, including budgeting, learning to save, smart spending, and giving to charity
• banking essentials, concepts for junior investors, and advice for raising budding entrepreneurs
• how to teach kids to be money smart in an age of debt and overspending
Whether your kids are toddlers or teens, it’s never too early or too late to start talking about money and how to save, spend, and manage it wisely. Pape and Kerbel make it easy to raise money-savvy kids!
“Money Savvy Kids is a very readable blueprint for any parent interested in improving the money management know-how of their children. Real-life examples and thoughts on money from kids themselves are shared to engage and inform in a charming, thoughtful and human way.”
— Tricia Barry, Executive Director, Money School Canada Financial Literacy Workshop Developer/ Teacher
"Gordon and Deborah deliver sound, practical advice on equipping your kids with essential knowledge about money. Their personal anecdotes and humorous examples, combined with a comprehensive review of relevant tools and resources, make this both an entertaining read and a valuable reference."
— Murray Baker, author of the bestseller The Debt Free Graduate
Gordon Pape is Canada's best-known finacial author and the publisher of two investment newsletters: The Income Investor and The Internet Wealth Builder. He is the author/co-author of several national bestsellers, including Tax-Free Savings Accounts, Retirement's Harsh New Realities, Money Savvy Kids, and Sleep-Easy Investing. He has spoken at hundreds of seminars in Canada and the United States, is frequently quoted in the media, and is a popular guest on radio and television shows.